Our Classes

You can join at any time in the school year.

We have 2 semesters:

Monday 22nd August- Thursday 15th December 2022 (15 weeks of teaching, excluding the October break: 10th-21st Oct).

  • Monday 16th January – Tuesday 30th May 2023 (17 weeks of teaching, excluding the 1wk February break and 2wks Spring Break)

The enrolment fee is £50/semester. This is all you pay. Fee can be waived based on your personal circumstances.

In-person classes take place on Monday (conversations at 3 levels) , Tuesday and Wednesday mornings (10.00am-12.30pm) and on Monday and Wednesday evenings (6.15-8:15pm).

Zoom classes will be provided by demand and will take place at the same time as in-person classes. Some Zoom classes might take place on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.

You can sign up here for our new term from 16th January to 30th May 2023.

If the course you are looking for is not in the timetable, please do get in touch as we might be able to help you on a 1-2-1 basis.

We are here to help you learn in the best possible way for you. We’d like to hear from you if you have any questions. Email: admin@stirlingschoolofenglish.com, tel. 07742514087

If the class you are interested in is not listed below, please email us.

We also work with other providers and offer short courses. The most recent one was in February 2022- Elementary Food Hygiene delivered by Forth Valley College;

Our classes

By attending this course you will improve all the language and skills you need to improve your English, with grammar, vocabulary, and skills work in every unit of the coursebook- New Headway 5th edition. New Online Practice is fully integrated with the course material, ensuring relevant and useful practice outside the classroom.perfectly-balanced grammar and skills syllabus, based on the course’s world-renowned methodology.

We use Headway 5th edition as it retains the course’s trusted methodology and has been updated with new texts, topics and digital resources. 

This course is at 3 levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced. You will be able to:

  • Communicate more fluently
  • Develop your vocabulary
  • Improve your accuracy
  • Feel more confident in English-speaking environments and when interacting with other English speakers.

If you are aiming to study, especially at a university, or work in a country where English is the main language of communication, then IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is probably the one for you. There are two different types of IELTS tests: IELTS (academic) and IELTS (general).  The IELTS (academic) is more appropriate for overseas students wishing to study at an English speaking university/Further Education college. In this exam, the reading and writing papers are academic in style and content and the results will accurately indicate a student’s ability to communicate in English shortly before starting a course of study at a university or college. IELTS is made up of four parts: which are all generally taken on one day: speaking, listening, reading and writing. The result is a score ranging from band 1 to band 9. There is no pass or fail, but universities will only accept your application if you achieve the band they’ve asked for. This band can vary according to the subject you want to study. 

IELTS (general) measures your English language level in a practical, everyday context. It focuses on general survival skills in broad social and workplace contexts. This version is often suitable for those who need a qualification for a visa requirement, or who plan to move permanently to an English speaking country, rather than go to a university. The reading and writing papers are more general in style and content. Like the Academic IELTS, it is made up of four parts: speaking, listening, reading and writing and the result is a score ranging from band 1 to band 9.

Academic English is for those who study at uni in the UK- the classes focus on writing academic essays, referencing, listening to lectures, participating in seminars and much more.

The Cambridge English First or First Certificate (FCE–CEF:B2) is a globally accepted certificate, suitable for those of an upper-intermediate level and consists of testing real life English skills for work and study. It is recognised by a range of large companies and some universities also accept this qualification.

The Cambridge Advanced or CAE (Cambridge Advanced English-CEF: C1) aims to develop skills to help you work, study and live in English speaking countries.  The qualification can be accepted for visa applications to stay in many English-speaking countries. 

Proficiency in English (CPE-CEF:  C2). This is the most advanced qualification and a pass at this level proves you have reached a high competence in English, opening up more opportunities such as teacher training for EFL (English as a Foreign Language).

This course is for those wanting to train as a nurse, or whether you are a nurse and wanting to pass your exams, or similar with a doctor. The tutor is a GP practitioner.

English for Hospitality is a practical course which will allow you to improve your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills, while also improving your hospitality vocabulary and grammar. This course is perfect for those working in restaurants, cafes and hotels.

The Business English course is designed to prepare students to use English in a present or future work situation. Students will develop English skills with a focus on business contexts and environments, and they will learn vocabulary that is used regularly in the business world.

English for Employment involves writing CVs, cover letters, interview skills, presentation skills, writing emails and much more.

We also prepare for the citizenship test and driving theory. Email us if you’re interested: admin@stirlingschoolofenglish.com