- What time are in-person classes? Morning classes are from 10:00 to 12:30 in the morning on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays at Level One in Stirling (61-63 Murray Place, FK8 1AP). Evening classes are from 18:15 to 20:15 on Monday and Wednesday evenings at Wallace High School.
- What English classes do you offer? Please refer to our classes. Some classes are run only on request, so please ask if you can’t see what you are looking for.
- Do I need to join a class at the start of a term? No, you can join a class at any time in the academic year.
- Do I have to take a test to join the classes? Yes, you will be given an assessment when you register. However, it’s not a formal test; it’s just to ensure that we place you in a class at the appropriate level where you will feel comfortable.
- Can I go to both the morning classes and evening classes? Yes, you can attend all the classes we provide once you are registered.
- Can I get a certificate? Yes. At the end of the semester or when you leave, you can request a certificate (in PDF format) of attendance from the school manager.
- Can I take an external exam? We do run courses following the syllabi of some examination boards but you will need to make your own arrangements to sit the exam at an appropriate examination centre.
SQA exams We do not offer these. They are provided by Forth Valley College.
First, Advanced or Proficiency Cambridge Certificates We offer FCE, ACE, CPE preparation classes to equip you with the requisite skills to pass the exam. However we do not offer the exam itself and you would have to make your own arrangements to sit it.
IELTS exams We run a course but, as with other external exams, you would have to make your own arrangements to sit the exam.
Citizenship Tuition on demand.
Driving theory Tuition on demand
- What costs will I incur? You pay once per semester to register-£50. There are two semesters per year (January-June and August-December). You will also need to buy a textbook. Parents may leave children aged under 5 in the creche for which there is a small charge. We aim to keep these costs as low as possible.
If you still have any unanswered questions about the Stirling School of English, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07742514087
Alternatively just drop in to Level One between 10:00 & 12:30 on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday morning and we will be happy to answer your questions.